Sunday 22 January 2012

Trades 18-21

Trade 18:

This was a trade I made with the guy who traded me the two Devil's Play for a Paper Tiger and a Silvergill Adept. I noticed that the Paper Tiger was still in his binder and I pointed out that he still hadn't moved it. He said that he was waiting to get the full set - then he'd show us all.

This time he was interested in the big money.


My Grove of the Burnwillows and 2x Dark Ritual ($14.00)

for his:

Inkmoth Nexus and Blue Sun's Zenith. ($16.50)

Total = +$2.50

I gained a little bit of value here, which is what I needed to do after I fucked myself on a couple trades online...you'll see.

Trade 19:

I made this trade on youtube with a very well-respected trader that goes by the name of MrLuBuFu.

The trade was for my Ethersworn Canonist, Kitchen Finks and GP Fire-Lit Thicket ($13.00)

for his:


2x Day of Judgement, 2x Kessig Wolf-Run, Kargan Dragonlord, Puresteel Paladin, Labratory Maniac ($13.75)

Total = +$0.75

However, when I made the offer through youtube, I fucked up and forgot the 2x in front of BOTH DoJ and Kessig Wolf-Run. So the total I received was ($9.75). As soon as I realized the mistake, I contacted MrLuBuFu and explained the situation. He said he would more than make-up for the mistake I made with the extras he sent.

The extras he sent were: Painful Quandry, Reaper from the Abyss, DCI Mind Control, FNM Spellstutter Sprite and a Razorverge Thicket. Just the Thicket alone is $6.00. He more than made up for my idiotic mistake. Although, the extras I received don't actually help my "Donations to Something" project because I don't use the extras I receive for Donations. I made this rule up once I decided that even if I trade solely from this donations binder on youtube, I'll still include extras from my personal stock. Extra's are the best part of trading online and I don't want to ruin my fun just for the purposes of this project.

That's okay though, life moves on - the cards were all just donations anyway. :D

Trade 20:


This is a completely even trade according to SCG, but they value some promo's at weird prices.

It was my Sygg, River Cut-throat ($1.99)

for his:

Sheoldred, Whispering One NPH Prerelease Promo. ($1.99)

The regular, non-promo of Sheoldred is worth $3.99 - so what the fuck? Why is the foiled promo version HALF that price? I don't give a shit, I'm valuing Sheoldred at $4. Sometimes you just gotta tell Starcity that they can go fuck themselves with their foolish pricing.

Trade 21:

I got greeeeedy again. I need this Kargan Dragonlord for my Cube. The Cube championships are coming up fast and people want to have better red creatures to go all-in on. Kargan Dragonlord definitely fits the bill.

This was the trade I made with myself:



That's it for now, but I should have a fucklot of trades coming in during the next couple weeks. PLUS THERE'S A PRERELEASE THAT I'LL BE ATTENDING. I used to get a lot of trading done at prereleases. Hopefully, this one will be a throw-back to those days.

- Milo

No comments:

Post a Comment